- Unique swept elbow flow characteristics optimize rotor performance.
- Maintain constant pressure at the rotor inlet for improved range of water application.
- Preassembled units save the contractor time and reduce installation costs.
- Excellent structural integrity from the swept elbow design reduces the costs associated with fatigue related failures.
- Oversized threaded inlets and large visible stops make hand tightening simple.
- Double O Ring provides extra protection against leaks and keeps threads clean of debris making hand tightening easy.
- The TSJ-PRS combines the great flow characteristics of the Rain Bird turf swing joint with an inline pressure regulating outlet elbow for controlling and maintaining constant pressure right at the rotor inlet.
- Regulation pressures are preset to 70 psi (4,8 Bars) for 1″ swing joints.
- Maintains a constant, uniform pressure into the rotor regardless of nozzle used.
- Allows each rotor on a zone to operate at the same pressure, improving consistency and overall system performance.
- Reduces misting, fogging, and other performance problems caused by high pressure.
- Installs quickly and easily, like all Rain Bird turf swing joints.
- Regulator housing is made of PVC that matches the high-pressure rating of the Rain Bird turf swing joint and exceeds the pressure rating of rotors.
- Diaphragm is made of a durable fabric reinforced elastomer for long life.
- Porous filter provides atmospheric reference without allowing contamination to enter, enabling the system to be buried in any kind of soil.
- Three-year trade warranty.
TSJ-PRS Application Information
The TSJ-PRS is not recommended for use in systems where the pressure in the lateral lines is equal to or less than the nominal regulation pressure, as the increased pressure drop may adversely affect the performance of such systems.
To reduce the effects of water hammer, Rain Bird recommends flow rates in the supply line not exceed 5 ft/sec (1,5 m/s). The TSJ-PRS is not intended to function as a water hammer prevention device.
There are no user-serviceable parts inside. The internal spring is under compression. Do not open the PRS unit under any circumstances.